If you are interested in weight management and cardiovascular health, try wearing a heart-rate monitor during active times (like housework!) and fitness classes. Here’s some of the data I collected over the last several days and what I observed:
When I lead an active Hatha Flow Yoga class, calories burn!! 270 calories in 75 minutes.
When I take other teachers’ flow classes, I burn 30 – 50% fewer calories. Hmm. I think our styles are different.
Personal Data Collected:
- Fitness Barre Class, 60 minutes, 248 calories
- Slow Flow Yoga, 75 minutes, 92 calories
- Hatha Flow Yoga, 75 minutes, 90 calories
- Kids Yoga with me, 45 minutes, 148 calories
- Hatha Flow Yoga with me, 75 minutes, 270 calories
- Stationary bike, 30 minutes, 130 calories
To lose one pound per week, reduce calories by 500 per day through diet and exercise. To lose two pounds per week, reduce by 1000 calories. Physical fitness is measured in muscular strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility and body composition. How much fitness do you need? Click here to learn more>>